On 4 feb 2012, at 00:45, Bill Gilman wrote:

So I've got a camera track in SynthEyes, and I'm trying to fix parts of it. Seems like I can smooth out the bumps but then the solve comes up with a new position of the camera in worldspace. This means I have to manually go in and move all my cards to where they should now be relative to the new camera. This is not a useful solution.

I'm guessing there's a way to use an Axis node or something else to do a global offset of the camera move, or perhaps the geometry? Please let me know if this is a (relatively) easy thing to do. This would be the third time I will have had to reorient everything and it's really annoying.

This is a wrong way to do it. Every time you redo/refine your solve in Syntheyes of course the positions of the relevant points and the camera in 3D, will change! this is expected behavior. First of all, what you most likely need to do is to improve your solve _before_ you start placing cards and the like. Second, in SY you can lock your points to their position as solved last - hit "Set Seed" and the "Lock point", and solve with constraints. This will keep your world orientation at least semi-consistent between solves.

If you really want to iteratively solve that way (solve again and again and again and replace the camera) would be to make a Python script that copies the new axis positions into your cards by name.
--
Julik Tarkhanov | HecticElectric | Keizersgracht 736 1017 EX
Amsterdam | The Netherlands | tel. +31 20 330 8250