missing brace? If the script doesn't load and it's due to a variable that has something like

myKnob {}

and it should be

myKnob {0 0}

(or whatever), then yes. If it's a case where the writing of the script doesn't complete and the end brace is missing, sadly, that's always a dead end.

also finds bad clones and helps out there too. I included a broken script at the end of the cookbook to show what it's fixing. Basically, if you launch a script and you get the "nothing is named /path/to/my/script.nk", chances are that this will recover it. No guarantees of course - there's a lot of mysterious stuff that kills scripts - but it's helped out loads here and is a good starting point for adding other fixit loops as a general purpose cleaning tool.

jrab

John Vanderbeck wrote:

Very cool.

Does this have any hope of fixing missing brace errors, or are those scripts really just toast? We have been running into it more and more and more lately :(