Hey Frank,

Thanks man! Yeah, this'll be the convex hull thing - they can't model
concave shapes. Currently you have to split concave's up into roughly
convex parts and then, in the case of dynamics shapes, set them up as
compound so they stick together as one. If you switch on the solver
troubleshooting overlays you should see a rough approximation to the
physics world proxy shape. In the future there are avenues I can look
into with respect to making this convex decomposition happen
programmatically (although currently there's some hardcoded
assumptions about 1-1 Nuke geo object to physics shape which have to
be completely torn out to allow for this or fracture type bodies).

In the case where you're using Nuke shapes, then obviously its
slightly less easily to split up into sub sections, so instead I've
taken your cylinder and, from the point of view of the physics scene,
replaced it with a series of box collision shapes, forming the sides
of a cube (except the top). These are set to not render (so they just
offer a place for the sphere to drop into). The cylinder I've then
merged in after the solver node, so it appears in your render wrapped
around where the sphere lands.

Cheers
Jack