Well, in Nuke chances are that you may need FrameHolds or other retime nodes that require multiples frames to be read from the input clip at the same time. That is usually when quicktime files fall apart and frame sequences can't be beaten for efficiency and stability.
In Hiero you are much less likely to do that sort of thing.

On 3/31/14, 6:16 PM, Jimmy Christensen wrote:
Hiero uses pretty much the same reader as in Nuke, so even for Hiero the prefered solution is to not use MOVs (on Linux that is).

Hilsen
Jimmy Christensen
Developer
Ghost A/S

On 28/03/14 18:57, Thomas Volkmann wrote:
Yes, the common procedure when working in Nuke is to convert all the
quicktimes before. But I have the same problem in HieroPlayer and
converting all the shots for a whole movie is not a option I'm afraid :/
cheers,
Thomas
Nathan Rusch <nathan_ru...@hotmail.com> hat am 28. März 2014 um 18:45
geschrieben:

The best solution is to not use MOVs in Nuke. There are numerous
stability problems with various codecs, especially on Linux.
-Nathan

*From:* Thomas Volkmann <mailto:li...@thomasvolkmann.com>
*Sent:* Friday, March 28, 2014 10:34 AM
*To:* Nuke user discussion <mailto:nuke-users@support.thefoundry.co.uk>
*Subject:* Re: [Nuke-users] Linux read DNxHD Quicktimes
So what is the workaround?  I just tried using the system libraries,
but that gave me a segmentation fault :/
Nathan Rusch <nathan_ru...@hotmail.com> hat am 28. März 2014 um 18:27
geschrieben:

Nuke’s ffmpegReader plugin has certain codecs blacklisted, some
because of licensing issues and others for unknown reasons. DNxHD is
definitely on that list in 7.0, and even though the plugin has
changed in 8.0, there is still a codecBlacklist.h file included that
I can only assume still contains DNxHD.
-Nathan