Not sure on that but if you look further down the list you should find some answers on how to get that going with particular versions of ffmpeg and vc3.

Cheers, Ben

On 03/04/2014 12:06, Thomas Volkmann wrote:
The main issue that I'm having is that Nuke/Hiero doesn't play DNxHD at all on linux. That's no problem when using Nuke, because as mentioned before you wouldn't want to work with that. But not being able to use HieroPlayer right now is a real bummer!! Especially since these Quicktimes play just fine in every other application on my system :/
cheers,
Thomas
Ben Woodhall <woodh...@thefoundry.co.uk> hat am 3. April 2014 um 12:45 geschrieben:

In case it helps, QuickTime (mov) support has had a major overhaul using the Apple QuickTime libraries on Mac and Windows in Nuke 8.0. Unfortunately this doesn't affect Linux as support for ffmpeg is limited.

Feel free to send any stability or colour fidelity issues that you find with movs to support and we can look into them. As Nathan says, many of the codecs have stability problems. We have found quite a few with settings which don't work on various platforms. In our overhaul for 8.0 we have avoided known issues with DNxHD on Mac and Windows and provided additional user controls to avoid stability problems.

Thanks,  Ben

On 28/03/2014 17:45, Nathan Rusch wrote:
The best solution is to not use MOVs in Nuke. There are numerous stability problems with various codecs, especially on Linux.
-Nathan
*From:* Thomas Volkmann <mailto:li...@thomasvolkmann.com>
*Sent:* Friday, March 28, 2014 10:34 AM
*To:* Nuke user discussion <mailto:nuke-users@support.thefoundry.co.uk>
*Subject:* Re: [Nuke-users] Linux read DNxHD Quicktimes
So what is the workaround? I just tried using the system libraries, but that gave me a segmentation fault :/
Nathan Rusch <nathan_ru...@hotmail.com> <mailto:nathan_ru...@hotmail.com> hat am 28. März 2014 um 18:27 geschrieben:

NukeâEUR^(TM)s ffmpegReader plugin has certain codecs blacklisted, some because of licensing issues and others for unknown reasons. DNxHD is definitely on that list in 7.0, and even though the plugin has changed in 8.0, there is still a codecBlacklist.h file included that I can only assume still contains DNxHD.
-Nathan