Hello all,

I'm curious if people have experience with / preferences for how to
display a numpy array onscreen as an image.

Pyglet looks relatively easy -- you can feed an image buffer object
with a string or a ctypes pointer. I presume getting a string from an
array is plenty fast, but the ctypes pointer option is intriguing as
it allows for dealing with simple strided arrays (the image objects
allow for an arbitrary number of bytes between rows). Is it possible
to get a ctypes pointer to the beginning of the array buffer from
numpy without too much ugliness?

wxPython looks pretty easy too, as there are facilities for getting
pixels from a buffer. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are
there ways of allowing a numpy array and a wxPython image to point to
the same memory?

Anyhow, these are specific questions, but I'd also appreciate any
general thoughts about good approaches for getting pixels from numpy
arrays onscreen.

Thanks,

Zach