Hi,

I was wondering whether there was any plan to change the anomalous
interface of median, for example compared to 'mean', 'min', 'max'

np.mean(a, axis=None, dtype=None, out=None)

whereas:

np.median(m)
'median(m) returns a median of m along the first dimension of m.'

I think it would be a good to harmonize the median call signature and
functionality with mean and the rest, but that will obviously break
code.  I was wondering whether the team would consider a migration
plan on the lines of:

median moved mediandim0
implementation of medianwithaxis or similar, with same call signature as mean.

Deprecation warning for use of median, and return of mediandim0 for
now.  Eventual move of median to return medianwithaxis.

Does that sound sensible?

Matthew