Hi,

As some of you may have seen, Robert McGibbon and Nathaniel have just
guided a PEP for multi-distribution Linux wheels past the approval
process over on distutils-sig:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0513/

The PEP includes a docker image on which y'all can build wheels which
match the PEP:

https://quay.io/repository/manylinux/manylinux

Now we're at the stage where we need stress-testing of the built
wheels to find any problems we hadn't thought of.

I've built numpy and scipy wheels here:

https://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/manylinux/

So, if you have a Linux distribution handy, we would love to hear from
you about the results of testing these guys, maybe on the lines of:

pip install -f https://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/manylinux numpy scipy
python -c 'import numpy; numpy.test()'
python -c 'import scipy; scipy.test()'

These manylinux wheels should soon be available on pypi, and soon
after, installable with latest pip, so we would like to fix as many
problems as possible before going live.

Cheers,

Matthew