2009/10/27 Antoine Gatineau:
>  Hello,

salut Antoine,

> I'm back again on this issue.
> I have contacted Red Hat support but they won't do anything to help since it
> is not an official Red Hat package. Unless I prove the conflict come from
> RH.
>
> So I am trying to figure out what is going on.
>
> Adding -DDDDD will not add any more log at the services stop.
>
> When I look at the sources, I couldn't find the piece of code that release
> properly the usb UPS device. There is just a normal SIGTERM handling. Is
> this normal?

not at all, everything is clean here ;-)
what you're looking for is drivers/usbhid-ups.c->upsdrv_cleanup()
the comm_driver->close() will more specifically call, in your case,
the libusb.c backend, and so the usb_close() function.

> I also noticed that there are debug logs but I don't know how to activate
> them... Can somebody tell me how to do it?

I'm not sure for RHEL, but you should look around /etc/syslog.conf,
man syslog.conf and /var/log/debug

> Do you have any advice on how to debug this? I have not seen anything
> particuliar about IRQs and there is no message in syslog when stopping ups.
>
> The fact is that I don't know at all what is blocking my network card and
> even less why... :(

Charles has a point in his later mail: what if NUT is not running?

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops