From: Charles Lepple <clep...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 10:51 PM
To: Daniel Shields
Cc: nut-upsuser@lists. alioth. debian. org
Subject: Re: [Nut-upsuser] Data Stale at random intervals

On Oct 11, 2016, at 10:07 PM, Daniel Shields wrote:

> No joy.  Reverted.

A wrong number for the udev rules file would prevent the driver from starting
at all due to permissions errors. It is possible that 52 and 62 are currently
in the acceptable range.

Which kernel version is your release of Raspbian running?

The logs seem to indicate that your UPS frequently sends status via interrupt
reports. Does the "interruptonly" option help? If so, you can also try again
without interruptonly (since that option might prevent certain variables from
updating), but with increased timeouts for pollfreq and pollinterval.

Partially due to pressure from Debian, there is a libusb-1.0 branch of NUT now.
That seemed to work better with the problem Tripp Lite unit that I have,
although several variables changed at once. With a 4.4.0 (Ubuntu) kernel and
libusb-1.0, the UPS stays connected for several days.

Can you run the driver in debug mode for longer, and post the part where it
stops responding? Does the UPS still show up in libusb at that point? (No need
to post the syslog output - it is mainly from other portions of NUT.)

> On October 10, 2016, at 9:39 PM, Daniel Shields <grungeliza...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
>      Been at this for a few weeks, so figured I'd reach out.  I was
> previously running Debian Wheezy Nut Version 2.6.4 with no issues for over 6
> months on the same hardware.  This issue started when I upgraded to Jessie,
> so just trying to get everything happy again.
>
> System is running "Linux golgotha.tklapp.com 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
> 3.16.36-1+deb8u1 (2016-09-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux"
>
> Nut Version:  ii  nut                                     2.7.2-4
>      all                      network UPS tools - metapackage
>
> Installed via apt-get
>
> Monitoring:
>
> CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS
>
> Communication: USB, Serial
>
> I'm able to start the NUT service on my system and it runs for a couple of
> hours up to just under 24 hours.  I have scrubbed the logs and have not been
> able to pinpoint the exact issue.
>
> I have attached the syslog and debug logs.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!

Charles Lepple