Thanks for the reply...

Java -version shows this:

java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)

I used all pre-built packages hoping that they would do the trick ;)

I updated the tomcat startup script with the proper JAVA_HOME and now I
get:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] rc3.d]# /etc/rc3.d/K20tomcat5 start
Starting tomcat5: /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find
jdbc-stdext Java extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jndi Java
extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not
found for this jvm
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jaas Java
extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not
found for this jvm
                                                           [  OK  ]

I know it's not Nutch specific so appreciate the patience here...

Paul