From: Martin Kuen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:16 PM
To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: New Installation - Problems - Error 500

Hi,

On Jan 29, 2008 7:14 PM, Paul Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply...
>
> Java -version shows this:
>
> java version "1.4.2"
> gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)

I just had a closer look at your stacktrace and your gij version. It's
version 1.4.2 and it doesn't find a class called "
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap". The "java.util.concurrent"
package
was added with java 1.5.

Actually I am wondering why gij loads the classes (it should not). Sun's
jre
would not even load the classes (bytecode version incompability).

> I used all pre-built packages hoping that they would do the trick ;)
>
> I updated the tomcat startup script with the proper JAVA_HOME and now
> get:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] rc3.d]# /etc/rc3.d/K20tomcat5 start
> Starting tomcat5: /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not
find
> jdbc-stdext Java extension for this JVM
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jndi Java
> extension for this JVM
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not
> found for this jvm
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jaas Java
> extension for this JVM
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not
> found for this jvm
>                                                           [  OK  ]

prebuilt packages . . . This script is centOS specific (I don't know
centOS). It seems as if this script somehow depends on gij. Btw. without
additional libs tomcat 5.5 doesn't even run with pre 1.5 vms, so this
prebuilt version is somewhat tweaked anyway. I recommend to you to
download
the distribution from apache and try it with that dist (and jdk-1.5). I
cannot give you any advice on how to configure this for this kind of
package. However, running tomcat using the apache dist is rather simple.
Just unzip it and set JAVA_HOME and execute "bin/startup.sh".

> I know it's not Nutch specific so appreciate the patience here...
>
> Paul

Best Regards,

Martin

wrote:

> > Thanks.. my apologies as new to Java (to complicate matters).
> >
> > When I check in the tomcat.conf file I can't find a place to
specify.
> >  When I do a search, there is multiple versions installed:
> >
> > /usr/bin/java
> > /usr/share/java
> > /usr/include/c++/4.1.1/gnu/java
> > /usr/include/c++/4.1.1/java
> > /usr/java
> > /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_14/bin/java
> > /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_14/jre/bin/java
> > /usr/lib/jvm-exports/java
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/bin/java
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/jre/bin/java
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java
> > /usr/lib/java
> > /etc/alternatives/java
> > /etc/java
> > /var/lib/alternatives/java
> >
> > Appreciate it,
> >
> > Paul

org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getNamed(FileSystem.java:119)
> > >       org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:91)

org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:95)

org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.<init>(NutchBean.java:84)

----

> "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
> which it is addressed and contains confidential and/or privileged
material.
> If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately
and
> then destroy this transmission, including all attachments, without
copying,
> distributing or disclosing same. Thank you."

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which