From: John Mendenhall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:58 PM
To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: New Installation - Problems - Error 500

> Just a few questions if you don't mind:
>
> In Tomcat, I have webapps/nutch-0.9 as the directory making the URL
> http://www.blahblah.com:8080/nutch-0.9
>
> I want it in the root URL - if I move the files up I just get a blank
> page even after restarting Tomcat....?  Also, the port is 8080 - where
> is the config setting to change this to a specific IP binding and port
> 80?  This server has regular Apache running already but it's bound to
> other IP's etc....

To put it in the root URL, stop tomcat, remove the
ROOT directory, and rename the nutch-0.9 directory
to ROOT.

Change the port in the <tomcat>/conf/server.xml
file.  You need to understand which ones to change
to make sure it still works since there are some
levels of redirection.

> Finally, where do I customize the look/feel for the webpages presented
> in Nutch?

If you are making the changes at the source,
the files are in the <nutch>/src/web directory.
You'll need to look into the style directory for
the basic xlst style pages which are used to
build the pages.  The pages directory has the
main pages.  There are also headers and footers
in the include directory.  And, the jsp pages
are in the jsp directory.  Simple, huh?

If you want to just modify what is already in
the tomcat directory, they are located in the
webapps/ROOT directory in various directories,
assuming you renamed it to ROOT.

I hope that helps.

JohnM

--
john mendenhall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and contains confidential and/or privileged material. If you
received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and then destroy
this transmission, including all attachments, without copying, distributing or
disclosing same. Thank you."