Right then, all things considered....

Reception has been lukewarm, at best. There was initially talk of several teams
from OTB who wanted this, but they've not come back to me at all, so we have to
assume there is currently one team interested.

If 5-6 teams had wanted to participate, we could have done the whole 48 hours
at a push, but I don't think that's likely to happen.

Therefore, I'm going to make a call on this:

If the MadLab guys want to open up for Rumble teams for part of the time, they
of course can and communicate that to the NWRUG list, but FTC is not going to
be able to support hosting this event this year.

We're too short of volunteers right now given the level of interest, and to
host it for 48 hours would have been a major problem. Doing it in pieces is
unsatisfactory as Paul Ingham indicates below.

The plan - a great plan, if we'd been able to pull it off - has kind of been
scuppered by two of its keenest advocates (Ian and Ben) basically not being
available for that weekend. It's been worsened by the fact I simply can't
commit to being in the space for the whole 48 hours due to family commitments,
and it's not fair to ask the one other person keen to provide FTC support
(Andy) to shoulder the burden.

Let's try and arrange something better for Rails Rumble 2011, and we will
definitely host a Ruby hackday or two before the end of the year, so we'll get
that moving in due course.

Paul