On 20 Jul 2013, at 13:26, Ash Moran <ash.mo...@patchspace.co.uk> wrote:

> Since you mention it, that's what I'm spending my spare time doing right now.
> It's not "announced", and the source in only on GitHub to get it out of my
> application repo, but Realm[1] is my attempt to build a toolkit for complex
> domain, small surface area apps (as opposed to large surface area, simple
> domain CRUD apps).

This looks interesting. I'm not sure it's what I need for most of the stuff I'm
dealing with, but it definitely looks interesting. DDD, CQRS, and Event
Sourcing all have their place in a wide range of applications.

> I got to the point I was sick of whining about Rails, the Rails monoculture,
> and explaining to others *why* I was whining about Rails and its monoculture
> – but I came across promising alternative techniques that haven't been done
> much in Ruby, so I figured there's no need to abandon the language. It's
> keeping me good anyway, and there's always the off-chance somebody else will
> want to use it, in which case I will have solved all my problems in one go.

I can see me wanting to play with this at some point for a couple of other
projects in my queue. I think this looks like it has legs. The specs are pretty
clean and self-explanatory, but I think if you put together a simple example
app with walk-through for the impatient, I think you'll find people will start
using it for some apps, and then they can develop it for you. :-)