Alley Pond Park 17 Sep

Joe Giunta Debbie Martin and I (Sy Schiff) started at the Winchester Blvd
Parking Lot (entrance under the parkway). We walked towards the trees along the
far side of the ball field where we finding a PHILADELPHIA and RED-EYED VIREO
and a RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET. The few warblers in the trees were doing a great
job of hiding. From there we walked to Little Alley Pond (not much doing there
either) and then to the cleared area by the 76th Ave Parking Lot on the far
side of the park. There, in the trees and waste high weed edges, we had a fall
out of birds.
In quick succession we saw among others SCARLET TANAGER, EASTERN PHOEBE,
EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE, 4 species of Woodpeckers, CEDAR WAXWING and TUFTED
TITMOUSE. Twelve species of Warblers included Nashville Warbler, Northern
Parula, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Cape May, Black-throated Green, Bay-breasted,
Blackpoll, Black-and-white Warblers, American Redstart, Ovenbird and Common
Yellowthroat.

A nice finish for the morning.  Sy.