It looks like birds, birders and ticks are picking up in the park.

We had about 40 birders show up for our walk today from 8:30 until noon. We had
31 species in the northern zone this morning.

It was 32 degrees and breezy when we set off. Highlights included American
Pipit, Palm and Pine Warblers, Eastern Phoebe, Golden-crowned Kinglets, a
surprising Black Vulture, Long-tailed Duck, Great Horned Owl, Field, Savannah
and Song Sparrow, a few Hermit Thrushes, Osprey, Common Loon, Red-breasted
Merganser, Horned Grebes in breeding plumage and others.

Thanks to Jeff Ward for his sharp eyes and great spotting.

If you go, stay on the paths. One person who veered into the foliage to
photograph came home with 6 ticks.

Jack Rothman
www.cityislandbirds.com