Joe Giunta and I (SY Schiff)  flushed a SRARP-SHINNED HAWK as we entered the
road into the parking lot.  We checked out the bar at the Coast Guard marina on
a dreary, overcast morning. Lots of birds until a PEREGRINE FALCON made a pass
and they all flew off. Three MARBLED GODWIT continue. Others included
BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER, DUNLIN, SANDERLING, 7 RED KNOT and a pair of 3rd or 4th
year LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS. Lots of DOUBLE-CREASTED CORMORANT but no
Oystercatchers.

Driving over to West End #2, we walked down to the ocean. On the beach we found
another pair (or maybe the same ones from the bar) LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS.
They were disrupted by the same or another PEREGRINE FALCON. It flew by us and
landed close by on some debris on the upper beach. Great photo op. The water
was full of BLACK and SURF plus 2 WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS. A steady stream of
NORTHER GANNETS and gulls moved through from east to west along with numerous
gulls. The gulls included a few LAUGHING GULLS.

Returning to the car, a group of 3 dozen SNOW BUNTINGS flew over the swale and
over our heads in the parking lot. Also a pair of NORTHERN HARRIERS  were
cruising over the dunes.  Nice end to the birding day

Sent from Mail for Windows 10