While Steve is correct that wintering geese are often highly mobile, traveling
large distances between roosting lakes and feeding grounds throughout each
winter, I know of four additional birds at two additional sites that have shown
strong sight fidelity. I have documented the return of a recognizable
individual Cackling Goose and an associated Canada (possible mate?) at
Hendrickson Park in Nassau for four winters now. Many Brooklyn borders are
familiar of course with the pair of Brant x Snow Goose hybrids (affectionately
dubbed “Bro Geese”) at Canarsie Pier. There are exceptions to every rule!

Cheers!
-Tim H