On Nov 16, 2012, at 13:18 , Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <m...@pooteeweet.org>
> wrote:
>> which is the reason why it would be great to add hash maps to JCR. storing
>> hash maps
>> as nodes with a single property is simple not efficient with an interpreted
>> language
>> where there is native support for hash maps and where one doesnt have an
>> application
>> server to cache the node instances in memory across requests.
>
> That sounds more like a performance issue to be addressed in the
> language binding or the remoting implementation rather than a
> conceptual API design issue.

I fail to see how it makes sense to use nodes for this. Not only for the above
stated reasons but also in terms of querying. Again if this is the opinion,
then there is no reason to ever support multi valued properties to begin with.

I feel the arguments brought forth are very Java centric, which is fine since
this is a Java project. But if the target audience is to also include
interpreted languages, then this Java centric POV is going in the opposite
direction.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org