Hi Chetan,

> 3. Bring back the JR2 DataStore implementation and just save metadata
> related to binaries in Mongo. We already have S3 based implementation
> there and they would continue to work with Oak also

I think we will need the data store impl for Oak in any case (regardless the
outcome of this discussion) in order to enable the migration of large repos
from JR2 where the data store cannot be moved. That would include the
filesystem based DS and S3 DS.

When you write

> Mongo also provides GridFS[2]. However it also uses a similar strategy
> like we are currently using and such a support is built into the
> Driver. For server they are just collection entries.

do you imply that you consider a GridFS-backed DS implementation not doable or
ideal? I am referring to the "However" :)

Michael