Hi,

In JR2 I believe Lucene was used for all types of queries and not only
for full text searches. In Oak we have our own PropertyIndexes for
handling queries involving constraints on properties. This I believe
provides a more accurate result as its built on top of mvcc support so
results obtained are consistent with session state/revision.

However this involves creating a index for property to be queried. And
the way currently property indexes are stored they consume quite a bit
of state (at least in DocumentNodeStore). In comparison Lucene stores
the index content in quite compact form.

In quite a few cases (like user choice based query builder) it might
not be known in advance which property the user would use. As we
already have all string property indexed in Lucene. Would it be
possible to use Lucene for performing such queries? Or allow the user
to choose which types of index he wants to use depending on the
usecase.

Chetan Mehrotra