Hi Vikas,

Sizing the cache can be done by either number of entries or the size
taken by cache. Currently in Oak we limit by size however as you
mentioned limit by count is more deterministic. We use Guava Cache and
it supports either limiting by size or by number of entries i.e. the
two policies are exclusive.

So at minimum if you can provide a patch which allows the admin to
choose between the two it would allow us to experiment and later see
how we can put a max cap on cache size.
Chetan Mehrotra