Hi,

I finally found some time to read your draft:

* what about large number of child nodes? I think we need some kind of support for paging/chunking to avoid reading millions of children in one go.

* the write operations all fail if the operation "has been done already": E.g. the remove operation fails if there isn't any node at the given path. However, in many cases this is not interesting because the intention is to make sure the node is gone. To prevent extra round trips, I suggest to provide a way for callers to distinguish a failed operation from this case. Same goes for adding items where the same items has already been added. See http://markmail.org/message/flst4eiqvbp4gi3z for a related discussion where this has come up within Oak's user management.

Michael