On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> Now, with Oak there is still this distinction, however if I remember
> correctly under heavy load it might happen that local events are
> reported as external events. And in that case the above pattern fails.
> Regardless of how rare this situation might be, if it can happen it will
> eventually happen.

This is an implementation detail of BackgroundObserver (BO) which is
used by OakResourceListener in Sling. BO keeps a queue of changed
NodeState tuples and if it gets filled it is collapsed. If you want to
avoid that at *any* cost that you can used a different impl which uses
say LinkedBlockingQueue and does not enforce any limit. That would be
similar to how JcrResourceListener works which uses an unbound in
memory queue

Chetan Mehrotra