Hi,

+1 for unbounded, let the GC take care of it and log periodically when its
size becomes significant so that anyone wondering why their JVM is
consuming so much GC time gets a clue as to the cause, without having to
perform heap dumps, thread dumps or jvm probes.

(but ideally all queues would have simple, efficient, metrics that can be
monitored all the time in production, not just by someone connecting a JMX
console or Web Console)

Best Regards
Ian