On 2015-10-26 16:37, Francesco Mari wrote:
On 2015-10-26 12:13, Chetan Mehrotra wrote:

Looking at history of oak-core/pom.xml  this change was done in [1]
for OAK-1708 most like to support loading of various DB drivers from
within Oak Core and probably a temp change which was not looked back
again. That might not be required now as the DataSource gets injected
and oak-core need not be aware of drivers etc. So we can get rid of
that

@Julian - Thoughts?

No thoughts other than "I do not understand Maven dependencies sufficiently
well to comment".

How about changing it and see whether anything breaks?

It would be a good starting point if you would remember why the change
was made in the first place, so we could have something more specific
to look after.

I believe the change was made to avoid having dependencies such as to the connection pool or specific JDBC drivers.

But, again, if I knew/could remember I'd tell you. If you believe this is incorrect just go ahead and fix it.

Best regards, Julian