Hi,

On 20/07/16 11:41, Chetan Mehrotra wrote:
@Marcel - I did not understood JCR-2170 properly. But any chance we
can switch to newer version of nt:resource and do not modify existing
nodes and let the new definition effect/enforced only on new node.

node types are not versioned, which means all nodes with a given
jcr:primaryType refer to the same node type. either nt:resource extends
from mix:referenceable or it doesn't. as mentioned already, the issue
is with how to upgrade existing content. if we change nt:resource to
not extend from mix:referenceable anymore, we need an upgrade path.
just removing the jcr:uuid property on those nodes is trivial, but
what if there are nodes referencing them? Maybe we would keep the jcr:uuid property on the referenceable node and add the mixin?

Then there is the question of backward compatibility for code written
against JCR 1.0 and Jackrabbit 2.x / Oak 1.x behaviour, assuming nt:resource is always mix:referenceable.

Regards
 Marcel