From: Tomek Rekawek [mailto:reka...@adobe.com]
Sent: 22 September 2016 15:29
To: oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: oak-upgrade problems migrating from Jackrabbit 2 to Oak

Hi Robert,

I think the quoted exception may be caused by some long string stored in the
Jackrabbit 2 repository. In MongoMK all the strings are inlined in the Mongo
documents, while the binaries are extracted to the blob store. Therefore,
string properties longer than ~15MB are not supported. It’s a hard limit of the
Mongo implementation itself.

Migrating this repository may require changing the repository structure - the
large properties type should be changed from STRING to BINARY.

As Torgeir noticed, SegmentMK doesn’t have such constraints. If you don’t need
to create a cluster of Oaks, then SegmentMK is a better choice anyway.

Regards,
Tomek

--
Tomek Rękawek | Adobe Research | www.adobe.com