Hi Marco,

A better (or at least alternative) way to approach this, is to avoid the
problem in the first place :) In my experience it is preferable to not create
custom node types, because typically the business requirements are not
understood enough - which means you later want to add things and then end up in
the situation you just described. You could simply use unstructured nodes and
have one String property describe the “type”.
A good reason to have node types is if you require the repository to enforce
integrity (as opposed to the application doing that).

The unstructured approach is equivalent to the term “schemaless” as it became
popular a couple of years ago. Obvs there are pros and cons, so pls take the
above as a reflection of what has worked well for me (but your circimstances
might be different)

Cheers
Michael