Hi Angela,
Thank you for the clarification.

To summarize, I think consensus has been reached.

1. Move forward with the patch in OAK-6575 discussed in this thread.
2. Develop a thread model so that this and future changes can be evaluated
as part of the release process, ideally before the next stable release.

If anyone feels consensus has not been reached, please continue this thread.

Best Regards
Ian