Hi,

On 18.12.18, 01:55, "ems eril" <emsro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Is this a blocking call ? And any plans for callback or java future
> support?

Yes, Clusterable.isVisible() is a blocking call and you can give it a timeout.
There are no plans right now to add an async variant of this feature.

> 2) Is there any JCR level API we can use as its currently very low level ?

No, there is no JCR/Jackrabbit API equivalent for this feature.

> If not is Sling have any plans to use this ?

You will have to ask this on the Sling list.

> 3) Any reason why documentstore needs to implement revision snapshotting ?
> Why can we leverage existing documentstore database capabilities such as
> mongo https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/wiredtiger/ as most support MVCC

In Oak we have the requirement to keep a snapshot of the repository for a longer
period of time and not just for concurrency control. E.g. you can create a
checkpoint
with a lifetime of several days or even months [0].

Regards
 Marcel

[0]
https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/apidocs/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/spi/state/NodeStore.html#checkpoint-long-java.util.Map-