There were multiple options discussed in the meeting and on the emails.

I noticed there was strong support for consolidation if there is an opportunity
to reduce the number of RFCs developers have to pay attention to.  This is
where Barry commented that there are differences between a 6749bis, vs an
UpdateBy vs. adding more drafts.

I’m not sure what the best RFC approach is, but if I was to re-organize the
drafts to make life easy for implementers I would start to break things down
into distinct areas where there is minimal overlap (except with core). Maybe
something along the lines of...

*  Core — what is the core protocol and the security measures that apply to all
implementations
*  Functional Cases
   — Mobile - threats and remediation that apply to mobile applications
   — Browser - threats and remediations that apply to javascript apps
    — Dynamic clients - Formalizing how client applications configure at run
time or on the fly and/or talk to more than one service provider or oauth
service. This can also include dynamic registration.
   — Dynamic Resources - Resource services that are deployed against multiple
different OAuth infrastructure providers (e.g. hosted in multi-clouds), or
accept authorization/tokens from more than one authorization service. This may
include formalization of how resource express or register scopes with ASes and
how they register to be served.

Regarding Dynamic Resources, we haven’t really discussed this. But it seems
like many AS’s are now issuing generic tokens in enterprise scenarios because
they actually know nothing about the resources they are controlling access to.
Potentially this is because resources are spun up and taken down independently.
 This seems to be its own set of problems and risks that would be worth
discussing in its own document. Some of this has been discussed in the UMA
cases, but I’m not sure the UMA proposals work in the broader application
space.  Certainly we can be informed by the UMA work here.

Phil

@independentid
www.independentid.com <http://www.independentid.com/>phil.h...@oracle.com
<mailto:phil.h...@oracle.com>