Yes, from 3.3.1 of the UMA OAuth2 grant...

scope
   OPTIONAL. A string of space-separated values representing requested
   scopes. For the authorization server to consider any requested scope
   in its assessment, the client MUST have pre-registered the same
   scope with the authorization server. The client should consult the
   resource server's API documentation for details about which scopes
   it can expect the resource server's initial returned permission
   ticket to represent as part of the authorization assessment (see
   Section 3.3.4

<https://docs.kantarainitiative.org/uma/wg/oauth-uma-grant-2.0-05.html#authorization-assessment>).

https://docs.kantarainitiative.org/uma/wg/oauth-uma-grant-2.0-05.html#seek-authorization