*This' an example of the psychology of blame. Elaine sudah pernah kirim like
nine months ago, jadi repost. **Banyak trader depressed with the market,
harus ada penyaluran agar tidak gila. Ini Elaine kasih artikel bagus sekali,
boleh baca.

If you EVER blame others for your investment decision, that'd be childish
and you don't have what it takes to be an investor. The funniest part is I
heard in Indonesia some investors BLAME on analyst' research, but the fact
that they don't understand the content, they **even **can't read
English..llooll..

**Read on.*

*The Psychology of Blame
http://www.mvesc.k12.oh.us/psychology/PsychBulletins/11_90.htm
*

*People have a tendency to find someone to blame when bad things
happen.This behavior is certainly very prevalent and easy to observe
in children.
The burgeoning personal liability business in our country attests to the
pervasiveness of this tendency among adults as well.*

*Psychological theory and research examining this observed human behavior is
quite complicated and incomplete.  There is some empirical data emerging to
explain why people blame others but for the most part much of our
understanding is based on theory and speculation. The authors cited below
have developed a theory of blame prediction based on several situational and
personal characteristics.*

*There are four situational factors that affect the likelihood that
other-blame will occur. The presence of another at the time of the event
increases the probability of that person being blamed. This is why surgeons
and obstetricians seem to be blamed much more frequently than general
practitioners.  The former are more likely to be there when a bad event
occurs while the latter deal with insidious or chronic problems that have no
discrete starting point.  In education, it is more likely, for example, that
a teacher who retains a student will be blamed for the student's academic
difficulties even ten years later despite the fact that the problems were
there long before the event and continued afterwards.*

*Saat ada orang bicara bearish (aka bad news/contrarian), seringkali di
serang, dan semakin diserah saat benar terjadi.**
*

*Another factor is the perceived knowledge or authority of the other person.
Individuals who are knowledgeable are expected to anticipate negative
outcomes and avoid them.*

*"Seniors" di anggap bagai savior like Jesus. No, they aren't. They also
want to make money like all of us.*
**
*A third factor is how well known the other person is to the victim.  If the
victim knows the other person well, blame is less likely to result.  An
example of this is the greater likelihood of one driver suing another for an
accident. They are usually strangers.  It is much less common for an injured
passenger to sue the driver of the car he or she was I since they are more
likely to know each other.*

*OB lebih kenal Oentoeng/TBumi daripada Elaine, walau kami bicara hal yang
sama, Elaine probability diserang lebih besar.
*

*Finally, the more severe the outcome of the event, the more likely someone
will be blamed.  When two students argue in class, teachers are not usually
concerned with who is to blame.  In contrast, when two students fight on the
playground and one is injured, it is more likely that some effort will be
expended to determine who was to blame.*

*Orang yang bicara bearish saat market at the top akan di blame seakan dia
yang sebabkan market crash.
*

*There are also two personal factors that are related to the likelihood that
other-blame will occur.  One is the person's ability to find the good or
benefit in a bad situation. This ability is characterized by statements such
as "Maybe it is for the better," and "Some good may come out of this."
Similarly, people who tend to make downward comparisons (e.g., "I am
fortunate for what I have.  Others have lost so much more.") are less likely
to blame others.*

*Be grateful with everything.
*

*The other factor is the person's attributional style.  Some people tend to
find fault with others in many situations regardless of the circumstances.
Every teacher has run across at least one such parent.  No matter how
illogical the rationale, some people cling to the need to blame others for
everything bad that happens.  In contrast, other people have an
attributional style which leads to a tendency to blame themselves no matter
how obviously blameworthy someone else is.*

*In any given situation, an analysis of the interplay of these factors can
lead to a better understanding of when and why other-blame takes place.*

*Better understanding = better OB.*
*Elaine*