FYI.... Domba Mas dulu info dari temen2 (kantornya kalau tidak salah di
harmoni), lap tidak lebih bagus dari perusahaan CPO yang ada. Gw aja bingung
UNSP mau ambil Domba Mas, mungkin harga miring mau jatuh kalee... CMIIW

-----Original Message-----
From: obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com [mailto:obrolan-ban...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bagus Putra Perdana
Sent: Sunday, 21 February, 2010 5:27 PM
To: obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ob] Price to Book value saham Bakrie per 4 jan 2010

nowaday a company is worth its cash generating abilities. rarely does
it worth its 'balance sheet' unless on a few stripped-off case. Or in
some 'overhang' situation its on the 'overhang working-out' condition.
One does not simply buy a company and cashing its accounting book
value at an exact market price. It could worth more, it could worth
less. Its ultimately depends on the quality of the assets. Its cash
and liquid assets on hand versus liabilities that need to be settled.
It worth its cash generating abilities going forward. amount of new
capital-injection needed to keep the business running is a huge factor
too. its niche and franchise value.(Those VRIO stuffs.) might justify
a premium intangibles valuation. There were three basic questions to
resolve : First, what are the true economics of the business? Second,
how do the economic compare to the reported earnings? Third, how are
the interests of the decision makers aligned with the investors?

Problems with UNSP is they were cash-burning and drownin in debt. Huge
dillution with a big bet on an unproductive asset. Given the battered
price, It may be worth the bet. The domba mas takeover might proves to
be a good decision. But everything should be decided by a detail and
prudent further assesment. It cant be done only by looking at current
BV level. Unfortunetaly, Domba Mas data is unavailable to most of us.
I personally prefer to wait 6-10 months from now to get a better after
dillution data and facts about domba mas. Things might turn
interesting for bakrie if after the RI execution UNSP announced they
were withdrawing from domba mas deal. By that they will be hittin
double, erasing the overhang on bad asset burden aswell as dilluting
other shareholders and still with pile of cash on hand. That would be
brilliant move but rather unsportive and tricky.

--
Each piece, or part, of the whole nature is always an approximation to
the complete truth, or the complete truth so far as we know it. In