Cybersmart (Lightspeed) will never roll out fibre to free-standing houses
in Obs. They only do apartment blocks and business fibre. They say they do
(and put the whole of Cape Town in their coverage map as 'available') which
leads us to waste plenty of our time trying to get people to sign up.
Meanwhile, when you look at their actual active connections they have
almost no free-standing house installations anywhere.
The reason this initiative of Vumatel is different is that we have been
allocated an actual target to reach on their system. This is a new
development. Previously, you could 'show your interest' and it would do
nothing. Also, Vumatel marketers have started putting fliers in everyone's
postboxes in Obs.
Thanks for signing up:-) Lets make this happen!

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:34:23 UTC+2, Piers wrote:

> Hi Colin
> Thanks, we've also been looking but I got a similar response from
> Cybersmart last year – they even sent a me a brochure to hand out to
> neighbours to convince them to sign-up too.
> Just signed onto Vumatel, now at 22% with 612 more applications needed.
> Piers
>
> On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 11:27:59 AM UTC+2, Colin Theobald wrote:
>>
>> I've been trying to get a fibre provider interest in our area for nearly
>> five years. Finally we seem to have some traction with Vumatel.
>> They have begun a proper feasibility study for our area, but 30% of the
>> households need to show interest.
>> The other option would be Openserve (Telkom) but they still don't have
>> most of Observatory on their 'planned' schedule (only the south side up to
>> the end of Strubens road).
>> Plus most packages from Openserve are around 30% more expensive than
>> Vumatel.
>> Please can I ask everyone to show their interest by filling out an
>> extremely short (2 mins max) non-binding survey at
>> https://vumatel.co.za/show-interest
>> We have hit 15% of our target in 24 hours.
>> However there are other suburbs being studied so we need to hit our
>> target before them to be in front of the queue.
>> This has the potential to save most residents a lot of money. You won't
>> need any form of Telkom service and a lot of people can ditch their DSTV
>> subscriptions as well.
>> Please, please, please show your interest on their website.
>> Thank you.
>> Colin

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room

TEL: 021-447-1066   or   072-063-1653

EMERGENCIES:  10111

---
Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.