On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 08:02:56PM +0200, Benoît wrote:

> Hi,

> I am new to offlineimap and using it for 2 weeks now in conjunction with
> mutt.
> I would like to see if there is a way to use IDLE connection ?
> I saw on the know issues that IDLE is (was?) experimental, the article
> is from 2012 so I wonder if we can consider that IDLE is supported
> correctly now ?

It's possible to enable IDLE. It was marked stable some years ago. I've
marked this feature experimental again due to unsolved issues.

I still consider IDLE not enough stable for most users.

> The reason why I am interested on IDLE is that I am using
> mutt/offlineimap against a Office 365 account and they got an issue
> where the connection needs more than 10sec to be able to push data...
> So even if I reduce the connection to do a check every minute if is very
> slow...

I think the best is to test and try.

> The second issue I have is when my network connectivity is lost
> (wireless week signal or simply put my computer to sleep and connecting
> to another network when I open my computer again).
> I realized that most of the time I need to restart the offline systemd
> service because offline seems to hangs indefinitely... even if the
> connection is working again it is impossible for offlineimap to find or
> resolve the name of the IMAP server.
> I saw some article speaking about that and advice to reduce the
> socktimeout but it is not seems to work for me.
> Any idea?

Recovering a working connection on unexpected connectivity loss is not
always well handled.

You might like to check the open issues on the official issues

1. https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/issues

Nicolas Sebrecht