On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:21:45AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
Hi Norbert,
Hi Benoît,

I made intensive test and it seems that IDLE is not my friend !

I agree with you. I have tried it for quite some time and have
given up on it. What I do now is having a cron job running
every 3 minutes checking for the main inboxes, and on a much longer
time scale all mailboxes (takes too much time). The idea is basically
from https://dev.gentoo.org/~tomka/mail.html with some slight
(and not so slight) adaptions.

Especially suspend/resume cycles kill idle/offlineimap, but I suspend
my laptop soo many times that it is not feasible.

Thanks for your feedback's on your test now I know I am not the only one :)

What I am using now is a systemd entry and this is where I am still not 100% of my parameters. (I guess you don't need theses as you cron offlineimap to start every 3 minutes) : socktimeout = 30
autorefresh = 0.5
quick = 10
holdconnectionopen = yes

If you/any other have some recommendation of theses parameters when using into a systemd entry would be nice.

The main parameter I made some test and still have some issue is the socktimeout (I tried to put 10 but sometimes it is not enough to connect to O365 or on some bad wireless connectivity)

Many thanks

All the best

PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13