On 02/26/2018 05:12 PM, Denis Kenzior wrote:
Hi Jonas,

On 02/26/2018 08:37 AM, Jonas Bonn wrote:
The question is, what are the expectations here:
i)   What does it mean for connman to see two 'internet' contexts since it sets up two services for them? ii)  How is a modem supposed to roam between LTE and UMTS/GSM networks when one requires an APN and the other does not. iii) Not auto-connecting an LTE modem means not bringing it online; what implications does this have for connman?

The above is currently a bit of a confusing mess and both ofono and connman get themselves tied in a knot when the modem switches between LTE and non-LTE techs.  Any guidance on how to approach this would be appreciated.

The answer is to just fix your oFono driver.

OK... I fixed my driver. :)  I sent the patches a couple of minutes ago.

With that, things work much better. connman doesn't choke on network tech transitions anymore.

There are still issues with connman related to this though:

Ofono does something like this on a tech transition to LTE:

Active: false
Attached: false
Attached: true
Active: true

When ofono does Attached: true, connman starts trying to set the context active which seems to result in InProgress. connman doesn't seem to like the InProgress response and tries again, which ends up pounding the modem hard with "set active" messages until read_settings() returns (on the modem side) and the modem becomes Active (automatically) for real.

Similarly, on a transition from LTE to 3G, connman also tries to activate the context hundreds of times before it settles. This behaviour is harder to understand: connman has explicitly requested the activation here and should know that it's in progress...

What I think might be an issue here is the interplay between Attached and Active. For LTE, Attached and Active are synonymous...(???) connman should not be setting Active for these at all.

Could ofono have Active set to true before Attached gets set true for the LTE context case so that connman never sees the context as Active:false? Or is there a better way to handle this?

/Jonas