On 09/10/2013 15:11, Nikola M. wrote:
On 10/ 9/13 02:55 PM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
I'm a user and not a developer, but what you are saying is wrong.

The hipster was set up to be the bleeding edge for developers to work.

No, I think I am still right. Things should be tested before putted in a
public repo.
People can only be pleased there is someone willing to do testing before
dropping updates.

Even 'bleeding edge developer' needs guy to test he's stuff before
everything goes to pieces,
that current state of OI is.
Let's connect some dots. We need real bugs to find and that is what
Hipster rolling release is.
Not as a bomb shelter release.

I think you can agree with me that next Hipster update should not just
destroy your HD, won't you?
Or is it oK with you as a user, not to have any testing crew in OI
whatsoever?

Everyone releasing stuff to some public repo should
test his bits BEFORE pushing that, set up your
private repo for testing deps etc..
Jonathan is absolutely right, /hipster was set up
as the bleeding edge bomb test area, not as a
separate repo which replaces /dev or even /release.
It was founded mainly to have a testbed for full migration
to gcc, and to allow for a less strict and faster package
development as required for a production quality repo.
No one using /hipster should expect to be safe, I
never use that as my working repo, and I've backups
for any grenade splinters puncturing my drives...