On 10/09/2013 20:28, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
I was looking at different php packages.
It seems that currently php-idn upstream is dead.
There are several patches (for example, used in Fedora) which allow it
to be built with php 5.4.

However, some icu functions were moved to intl PHP extension. To enable
this extension we need to recompile icu with G++.

This is C++ library, so it will certainly have incompatible ABI.
However, it seems that this library does not have consumers in our
repositories. !!!! So, we can deliver it in /usr.
Any objections/ suggestions?

So, one suggestion is to ship icu library to /usr/g++ (including icu-config in /usr/g++/bin). I dislike it. :) The other idea is as we currently don't have internal icu consumers just to ship it into /usr.

But this is a good idea only if we are ready to rip Studio support. Are we agree on this?

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,