On 24.10.2017 22:38, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
On 10/24/17 11:46 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
a) why dtlogin pipe creation fails - was error silently ignored earlier? Who should have removed it? Perhaps, we could just ditch all dtlogin related code from our version of xorg?

The name was set back when dtlogin was the login gui, but at least in Solaris,
we implemented the same interfaces in gdm as well:
https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/blob/master/components/gnome/gdm/patches/0004-sdtlogin.patch

OK. So if I have some time I'll look at adding this patch to lightdm...

b) why Xorg searches for protocols.txt in such strange place? Did we miss some files?

What strange place is that?

(WW) Failed to open protocol names file /usr/lib/amd64/xorg/protocol.txt

---