I won't hold you to this. And I'm not planning any immediate changes.  But
thinking about where we are going with toolchain dependencies, coding
standards, and how conservative we need to be about newer C++ features...

Think ahead to where you or your facility will likely be in, say, January 2014.

* What C++ compiler and version do you think will be the oldest (i.e., least
C++11-compliant) you'll need OIIO to support?

* What Boost version do you think will be the oldest you'll need OIIO to
support?

* Can you think of any other dependencies (OpenEXR, etc.) that you are likely
to need support for any versions MORE THAN TWO YEARS OLD, i.e., dating from
2011 or earlier?

If you aren't comfortable answering on the mail list, a private email to me is
fine, and I will summarize results later.

For simplicity, you need not reply if you are already using this year's tools:
GCC >= 4.8, MSVC >= 11 (VS 2012), Clang >= 3.3.

--
Larry Gritz
l...@larrygritz.com