I think profile mode should be the same as release mode but with -g added
in, otherwise it's possible I'll waste time trying to optimize a hotspot in
-O2 that doesn't exist in the -O3 build.  Furthermore, this would make it
simple for the fedora/debian/etc... builds to build with symbols -- they
just choose profile mode and be done with it.