People working out of OIIO master, please be aware of some changes from PR
#1864 that I just merged, that are related to OCIO color transformations:

* ImageBufAlgo::colorconvert() and the various ocio_etc() functions have had
the default value of their optional parameter 'unpremult' changed from false to
true.

Also, pertaining to oiiotool:

* oiiotool --colorconvert (and --ocio_etc) take an optional modifier,
--colorconvert:unpremult=1 which causes the color transformation to be
bracketed by an unpremult/premult pair internally. The default currently is =0,
but we anticipate that in a later change we will set the default to 1.

* Explicit --unpremult now more clearly marks its output metadata as
unpremultiplied, and you will get a warning from oiiotool if you do both
--unpremult and specific unpremult=1 modifier to the color conversion.

* oiiotool --autocc now properly does an internal unpremult/premult when it
does any color transformations. Previously, it did not, which I now think was
incorrect.

I would strongly recommend using --colorconvert:unpremult=1 rather than an
explicit --unpremult before and --premult after the color conversion (which is
much more error prone -- it's easy to leave one out, or to accidentally edit
the command line to have other operations inappropriately between them).

If your pipeline is one where your image filenames always embed OCIO color
space names (e.g., foo_lnh.0001.exr or foo_vd16.0001.jpg), then I recommend
using --autocc on your oiiotool command lines to automatically transform to
linear space upon input and back to the named space upon output, rather than
have explicit --colorconvert commands that merely do the same input->output
transformations by hand.

--
Larry Gritz
l...@larrygritz.com