This actually reminds me... I am seeking feedback on whether these mails are
necessary:

1. Does anybody actually care about having a separate oiio-announce mail list,
or is oiio-dev sufficient?

2. Do releases (certainly minor releases like this) still need a separate email
to oiio-dev (and oiio-announce, depending on the answer to the above question)?
Or is it sufficient to draft a release on GitHub, and rely on announcements
going out to anybody who is "watching" the project on GH? (Note: it is possible
to "watch" at a level that only tells you about releases, and doesn't have to
alert you to every issue or PR filed.)

If everybody who cares about knowing right away when specific releases are
drafted are already receiving the GitHub alerts about those releases, then the
other emails I have to remember to send are redundant, right?

> On Feb 14, 2020, at 11:42 AM, Larry Gritz <l...@larrygritz.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I composed this a couple days ago and I think I never hit the 'send'
> button.
>

> I've tagged "Release-2.1.11.1" and moved the "release" branch marker to that
> point.
>
> If you aren't in this corner case and haven't had build problems complaining
> about missing ImfFloatVectorAttribute.h, there's no need to rush to upgrade
> to this mini-release.
>

> Release 2.1.11.1 (11 Feb 2020)
> ------------------------------
> * Fix build break against OpenEXR 2.2 & 2.3, when OpenEXR was built with
>  'autotools' and because of a bug in their build systems, neglected to
>  install a certain OpenEXR header. It was fine if you were building
>  against an OpenEXR that was built using CMake, which included all the
>  headers. #2486
>

> --
> Larry Gritz
> l...@larrygritz.com