I'll chip in here, rather than adding to your page, because I would like to get some feedback from the list as to whether I'm out on a limb here (given the lack of response to my last couple of posts).

I would like the author information in OL to be better, and to be better-connected. Authors are people too (allegedly) and they offer a possibility, maybe the only possibility, of cross-linking OL to other (non-bibliographic) Linked Data resources. Obviously there's a trade-off here, in that we don't want to put contributors off by being too demanding, but:

 * the RDF provided for authors could make better use of the
   information currently available. For a start, it should include a
   list of "is author of X" statements to link them to their works
   within OL.  It should also include Wikipedia identifiers where these
   are present in the data
 * with a little gentle encouragement, we could make the author birth
   and death date information usable in a machine-processing sense.
   Most dates are already useful as entered, despite the lack of guidelines
 * we could enable the (structured) recording of place of birth and
   death. There are a handful of these in the data already, crammed in
   on the end of the date field

Author names could be looked up on dbpedia, and if there is an existing entry (a) the link can be included in the OL data and (b) details like DoB/PoB can be copied from that source into the OL data.

Richard