"Zero works" means that there is an edition linked with this author but not a work.

A long time ago work pages were created for most of the editions, but not for all editions.

BTW: Imho it would be helpful if OL would distinguish between a person (an individual author) and a name (VIAF used the term "undifferentiated").

The two kind of pages could be marked by using colors:

- a white author page (for example) would imply: name, disambiguation, unverified information - a light blue page: person (with year of birth, occupation, external links etc.), verified information

patrick