This is because of the higher device pixel ratio of your mobile
device. The higher the device pixel ratio, the bigger the requested
WMS images, the more pixels to compose. If the device has a device
pixel ratio of 2, the requested images will have 4 times the number of
pixels, and composing them will also take 4 times as long. For 3
layers, this means 12 times the composition time compared to a device
with a pixel ratio of 1.

My advice: remove the `serverType` configuration option from your WMS
layers, which will make OpenLayers request tiles from the WMS with a
pixel ratio of 1.

Andreas.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 8:13 PM, OL3 Dev on behalf of Julien-Samuel
Lacroix <ol3-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a really simple OL3 map, an OSM basemap with 3 WMS layers, based on
> the WMS Tiled example page. Everything works fine in a browser, but when I
> try this page on my mobile phone or on a tablet, the performance drops
> drastically.
>
> The animation of a simple pan is slow and seems irresponsive. I ran the
> Chrome Timeline tool on it and all the time seems to be spent in drawImage.
>
> drawImage
> On a mobile (Nexus 6P) : 1288 ms (88% of the total time)
> On a laptop:             5.6 ms (3% of the total time)
>
> Test application:
> http://jsfiddle.net/r186zucL/
>
> Do anyone as an idea of why we would see such a big difference in the
> performance of the canvas renderer on mobile?
>
> Note that using only one layer at a time (instead of 4) makes everything
> work alright. Also, when I test, I make sure to not pan to request new
> tiles, so network should not be the issue.
>
> Best regards,
> Julien
>
> --
> Julien-Samuel Lacroix
> T: +1 418-696-5056 #202
> Mapgears
> http://www.mapgears.com/
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ol3-dev/e013c3e6-eb75-390b-9be8-d65f7c737ff5%40mapgears.com.

Andreas Hocevar
Geospatial Solutions Engineer | Boundless
ahoce...@boundlessgeo.com
@boundlessgeo

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ol3-dev/CAOiJ94gK3q-1UuTZ3OR8CPhPyOnkU5hqMghJWYi0%2B_NVdG9Omw%40mail.gmail.com.